For current projects see work in progress.
After September 2016, my current contract at Goldsmiths College will be at
an end. Here are some of the ideas I've been exploring for future work:
- Ongoing Computational Creativity research
- One approach to computational creativity is to do a corpus analysis (e.g. of a
collection of posts to a Q&A site), and then try to generate
meaningful additions to that corpus. I recently wrote a short
dealing with this theme. I'm now contributing to a couple more.
- Mathematics recommender system
A few years ago I contributed
to a couple of proposals
around building a repository of public domain mathematics content. Just about any repository could do for the next round of experiments with a recommender system (e.g., connecting Wikipedia articles to relevant Q&A posts or ArXiv articles, or vice versa).
- A co-operative university
- Can the Peeragogy project (or a spin-off thereof) create a viable business doing what a normal university does, but using peer production and a cooperative structure as the basis? I develop these ideas a bit further in a 600 word abstract.